7.02.2010

Mommy and Daddy's day off.

A two year old kid in the South End picked up his dad's White Russian beverage and took a swig, thinking it was milk. He promptly stopped sipping as that drink is pretty nasty as it is, let alone for sensitive baby taste buds. As far as I know this kind of thing happens. At the age of 3 my brother introduced himself to the remains of a wayward Heineken at a cookout. My mom took a picture. He got SO DRUNK off a tablespoon of flat, warm beer, man! Or rather. He spat it out and went on his merry way. I ALWAYS asked for a shot glass of beer when my parents were drinking it (which was maybe once a month). It was NBD. For all you old people over the age of 30 that's "no big deal".

The mom of the South End toddler, Jessica Smith, chose to call the police. 1. Just in case the kid got shitfaced on the sip of that Kahlua mess (which is legit) 2. To BUST the restaurant for "serving" a baby.

She actually thought there was a criminal wrongdoing perpetrated by the waitress, who had put all the drinks in the center of the table while the parents (who ordered the alcoholic beverages) were sitting there. How did the kid grab the beverage? Who knows. Shit happens when parents aren't looking for 1/99th of a second. You move the drink away and, in this case, probably should just keep an eye on the kid. If you're really worried call poison control. That seems reasonable. Rational. And I thought normal. 


This woman wanted the waitress to get in trouble. She is a fuckin' fool and we all should publicly mock her for being a naff cow. 


That's all I have to say. Oh and British insults are much better than American ones.

2 comments:

Mustard McKey said...

Oh lord, sometimes I really despise people.

When I was a kid, pretty much as far back as I can remember, my dad would always let me drink a little off the head of his beer. To me it tasted of dirty socks and dog shit, but I loved sipping it because it was a warm, bonding kind of thing. Hey, my dad's a raging alcoholic, if I wanted to bond with him, I had to take what I could get.

To this day, I can't stand the taste of beer, and I very rarely drink any alcohol. Mostly because, after two shots of anything, I'm ready to lie down. Or take my clothes off. But, that's another story for another day.

My point is that early exposure to alcohol didn't send me into a life of sucking on half-empty bottles in a gutter with the dregs of society.

People just need to chill the hell out already.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for popping by, Mustard!

People are very annoying. And when they bring the government (police) into their psychosis and try to harm others (sending someone to jail over NOTHING) it ups the ante. It goes from annoying to Go Live in a Cave, Whydontcha? As a pretty libertarian minded person this stuff makes my skin crawl.

Some folks aren't fit to grace society with their presence.